← Back
  • Japan Premiere

Special Programs < Taiwan: Movies on the Move, Classic and Contemporary >

Get the Hell Out

逃出立法院

Director: WANG I-fan (王逸帆)

2020|Taiwan|96min|Language: Mandarin|Subtitles: English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese

Date Time Venue
3/8 Mon 12:00 Cine Libre Umeda 4
3/12 Fri 18:15 ABC Hall
Get the Hell Out
  • LINE it!
Cast
Bruce HO (禾浩辰)
Megan LAI (赖雅妍)
TOU Chung-hua (庹宗華)
WANG Chung-huan (王中皇)
Francesca KAO (高慧君)
Synopsis

All lovesick security guard WANG (Bruce HO) wanted to do was declare his love for HSIUNG (Megan LAI), his childhood crush who is now a politician, but when he costs HSIUNG her job and replaces her on the parliamentary floor, he must fight against corrupt, sexist old men to implement her policies to close a foreign-owned factory that is linked to a virus called “idiot rabies.” When said virus infects people in parliament, WANG and HSIUNG must try to get the hell out!

Taiwan’s parliament is infamous for its brawls and political stunts but director WANG I-Fan takes things to bloody extremes as he lets loose a virus that transforms the politicos into 28-Days-Later-style infected who want to chow down on the members of the legislative body. It gets gutsy in its goriness as the gleeful hyper-violence reaches its n’est plus ultra as arterial spray, anime references, and internet memes shower the screen for maximum effect in a hyperactive non-stop jaw-drop of a satire of the political world.

[Jason MAHER]

Website
facebook
Director WANG I-fan (王逸帆)

Director WANG I-fan (王逸帆)